* One of the best badminton tips is try to tire out your opponent by making him move around as much as possible. The concept is the same as a batter tiring out a pitcher in baseball. As your opponent loses stamina and energy he will begin to make more and more mistakes.
* Improve your serve by practicing hitting it into both the right- and left-hand sides of the court. The tendency is for players to favor one side over the other. You need to learn to be equally comfortable getting it in on either side.
* Warm-up your body as you should in any sport–some good ways are to walk, jog, or stretch different muscle groups. If you begin a match without doing so you increase the chances of injury. Also, don’t forget to cool down after the match.
* Make sure your racquet has a comfortable grip. It can be modified with a replaceable grip at any tennis specialty store. Your grip is critical to serving and making shots properly so don’t play with a racquet right off the shelf without making adjustments to make it just right for you.
* When asked for badminton tips many players advise that when returning during a rally it is best to hit the shuttlecock as early as possible to keep your opponents off-balance. They will have less time to react to the shot physically and mentally, giving you a decided advantage.
* Increase your stamina by cross-training. Walking or jogging can help as can flexibility exercises. Knee-strengthening exercises are also good for badminton players. Some people have also found yoga to be helpful both physically and mentally.
* Wear proper footwear. Running, bicycling, tennis, and many other sports including badminton have specific shoes to help improve your performance. Get rid of those cross-trainers and get badminton shoes made especially for the particular movements of the game.
* One of the most useful badminton tips for beginners is to return to the center–after serving or returning a shot, get back to the center of the court. From there you will have the most options in figuring out what your opponent is going to do and in returning the next shot.